Thursday, February 12, 2009

My birds

I have been running this way
and that since coming
home from Texas.

After Weavers Guild meeting today I decided to sit with my birds.
The sun was out and the temperature had warmed to 50 degrees.

I was delighted to hear the calls of the
Downy Woodpeckers and the Cardinals.

White Breasted Nuthatch came to the deck
looking for nuts.

Little Tufted Titmouse came and went,
grabbing a peanut or a sunflower seed, making his little call.
Being back with my birds is so nice.
I missed them.

I still have pictures to process from Santa Ana National Wildlife Refuge,
Laguna Atascosa National Wildlife Refuge and Aransas National Wildlife Refuge.
I am thinking about printing a photograph of a Green Jay for the travel room.
I finished the scrapbook. Now to finish the photogrpahs.

9 comments:

Jan said...

Oh I love birds! And I could see photos of birds over and over and never get tired of them. Yours are just lovely;)

Anonymous said...

Sweet photos!

I never tire of seeing these birds.

Corner Gardener Sue said...

I love your bird pics, too. Thanks for sharing them with us!

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I know your birdies missed you Sherry because I did.

I will look forward to seeing all the photos you will share with us.

Anonymous said...

Love the birds and it is great seeing them! As always . . stunning photos!

Anonymous said...

The green jay is fantastic. If I were you I would've printed it surely. I've only seen a blue Jay once in my life and the green one left me breathless as I saw it on your pic. I wonder how beautiful it must look in reality.

kkryno said...

50 degrees! I'm jealous! ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you could slow down a bit and enjoy the birds.

Wendy said...

Those birds are so sweet. You've captured them beautifully - right down to the finest detail. Thanks for brightening up my day.