Sunday, December 04, 2011

Sunday Safari

It was a cold sun today.

I spent just half an hour with the birds.

We are in December now.

Any day we could have our first snow.

I have a new seed holder.
I hope the birds like it.

We have many traditions in December.
Many ways of celebrating the Holiday Season.
I like to add a little something new each year.

Last year we studied Snowflakes.

I am thinking about all the different things we could study this month.



I like the idea of knowing more about
 Dreamland


and Holly Fairies.


We could study hot chocolate!



Writing Haiku is always fun.


 I am drawn to the night sky in December.


I look for the Pleiades.



The Seven Sisters are my favorite.



It is in December I begin watching 
the Winter skies.


When I star gaze I dream.


I shall add stars to our December decorating
and chocolate pots.
I shall do lots of dreaming
this month.


There is magic in the stars.
There is joy in the Holly.

Happy December.
Happy Sunday Safari.

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Happy December Q. It has been raining, raining, raining here. UGH. It is so nice to see birds that aren't wet. So much to do during December. Hopefully we can see some stars when it stops raining.

Angie said...

That female Cardinal is beautiful! This is such a wonderful post...I will really enjoy sharing your December studies and festivities with you. :D Hugs and Blessed Be.

Judy said...

Sherry, I love those shots of the female cardinal! You may have only had half an hour with the birds, but you put it to good use!!

Rose said...

Ms. Cardinal is such a lovely lady, and she looks as though she's been enjoying your feeders. The sparrows seem to be the only ones visiting my feeders these days; I'm hoping for other visitors, soon.

Stars and holly fairies--you know how to celebrate the magic of the season, Sherry! Happy December.

Tammie Lee said...

ah, magic in the stars and they are indeed sparkling tonight! That is rare at this time of year... so it will be cold and I can only wonder if frost or crystals will grow through out the night. Lovely images and collections of December. warmly... t

Kathleen Maunder said...

We own that Snowflake book. So beautiful! I love the idea of studying hot chocolate. :)

Deb said...

Happy December!
So many wonderful things on your list ♥

sweetbay said...

Sherry your pictures are perfectly beautiful.