Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Finding The Place of Ease

In my yoga practice we work towards finding the ease of a pose.
In my life I work at finding the ease of the day.

It is a deliberate, mindful, life we have. I try to give enough time to each activity so I am not rushed and still have time for creativity. I want to notice the way life unfolds each day. The awareness of beauty all about reminds me life is a prayer in action, if I allow it to be so.

I ask myself, "How can I make this easier?" Whatever it is. Usually the answer is, "Just enjoy".

I relax into my pose, still holding my muscles onto the bones and I breathe into my back ribs. I keep my arms firmly in the shoulder and let my head rest on the arms of the universe. Than I lead with my heart. Legs are straight as I trust the body. I find my place of ease.

I reflect, relax and refine.

May has been a fine month.
The rains have refreshed me.

2 comments:

Saucy said...

I added your blog to my favorites list. :)

Q said...

Thank you both! As the evening is progressing I am looking for rainbows. The sun is setting and the rains have moved East. A faint bow is beginning. I breathe in the sweet, clean air. I give thanksgiving for kindred spirits.
Thank you.