Thursday, August 24, 2006

Lady Beetles

My camera has a difficult time seeing the Lady Beetles and seeing the Sweet Annie. I was pleased when it finally saw both together. Having the Lady Bugs on the Sweet Annie is divine! They will clean the leaves up for me! I will be cutting the stems soon to dry for September decorating. It smells so wonderful. The cucumber beetles are not as garden friendly. They do eat foliage, a few will not hurt the gourds.
Dear sweet Hummingbird was looking for her nectar feeder. She landed in the Chinese Lilac tree. There is one nice bloom way up high she was able to find. Her silhouette was so beautiful to me. I took many photos. I shall study this. It could be my next painting.
The Cloudless Sulphur butterflies enjoyed Mimosa this morning.



Today is the Anniversary of Mount Vesuvius exploding in 79 ad. Pompeii, Herculaneum and Stabiae were buried in ash. Pliny the Elder watched as the volcano erupted. It reminded me of the goddess, Pele. It reminded me to pay attention.

No comments: