Friday, August 15, 2008

Sacred World Chants



Lynne said...

This post left me feeling calm and centered, ready for anything!!

tumblewords said...

Perfect! It's always such a pleasure to start my Friday morning here at your place!

Q said...

Dear Lynne,
This chant, Ide Were Were, is a West African chant I think. I really like it. The cd, "Sacred World Chants" by Dean and Dudley Evinson is one of my favorites. I also enjoy this in the mornings to get my day started off on the right note!
Glad you enjoyed the slide show this week.

Q said...

Dear Sue,
I am so smitten with the dragonfly that I think we may be seeing them now in slide shows until frost! There are so many different varieties. Glad you liked this one.
I sing this mantra all the time. I think it is beautiful. There are other variations but I love this one.

Cheryl said...

Loely Sherry......I have such a feeling of inner peace....beautiful music, this is the sort of music I listen to most of the time when I am on my own....I find it so relaxing.....

The nature shots are amazing....such a selection this have some wonderful things happening in your garden Sherry......

Rose said...

Such a feast for the eyes and the ears! What a variety of beautiful dragonflies and damselflies you have, Sherry. I've never heard this CD before; lovely music and just perfect for the delicate creatures in your garden.

guild-rez said...

Dear Lynne,
how beautiful and soothing.
Wish you a wonderful weekend,

Beauty as we feel it is something indescribable;
what it is or what it means can never be said.
- George Santayana

Sheila said...

I just took time before I begin my day to listen to this beautiful chant. I love all chants, going back to Gregorian ones..!
I haven't been around for a while, and just have to say how fascinated I am by all your bug visitors..!
Your blog is a fantastic combo. of the 'Birds and the Bees'

Mimi said...

I needed this. Thank you.

ICQB said...

That was lovely, thank you, Sherry.

Jeanne said...

I love all that you share.
Blessings of love health peace and joy
Love you

Q said...

Dear Cheryl,
I was happy this slide show worked out. Using a chant can be tricky. The Dragonflies have become my mew stars! All sorts of critters are out and about lately.
Lots of wings.
Glad you felt the inner peace.

Q said...

Dear Rose,
The more I learn about the Dragonflies and Damselflies the more smitten I become.
Fantastic bugs!
Like the butterflies there are so many different ones that I am trying to learn everyones name. I nay not jave enough time left in this lifetime to do so!
Sherry, friend of the Dragonfly

Q said...

Dear Gisela,
Thank you!
I often come to Corner and listen and watch the slide shows. In a quick 3 or 4 minutes I am refreshed. I always hope others find that refreshment too.

Q said...

Dear Shelia,
Hope you have enjoyed your summer vacation. Spending time with your grandchildren and relaxing sounds like a perfect summer!
I do like the birds and the bees and the butterflies and all the bugs and blooms and..and ..and..
Glad you like them too.
Sherry friend of the bugs

Q said...

Dear Mimi,
You are welcome.

Q said...

Dear icqb,
You are welcome! I sometimes wonder if people are weary of the slide shows. I sure have fun creating them every Thursday night!

Q said...

Dear Jeanne,
Blessings to you and yours.
I so enjoyed all the photos you posted from your son's trip to China.
Fantastic trip!

Wendy said...

What beautiful and haunting music. I love the rhythm of chants and mantras,and listening to music from around the world.
Dragonfly pics were especially fitting, as ancients.
I've missed a lot - have a lot of catching up to do on your blog!
Have a good weekend!

Q said...

Dear Wendy,
I also love the old chants.
I chant while I weed.