Sunday, March 06, 2011

Sunday Safari

We took our cameras with us when we walked this afternoon.
We went to an old cemetery hunting for
 Celtic Crosses.

We found a few.
This one was full of celtic knots.


The back was very interesting.


There are chapels tucked into wooded areas.


It is a beautiful place to walk.


A Red Tailed Hawk flew over.


We stopped and watched
as he dipped and soared away.


Fungi are amazing.


A native stone wall surrounds the cemetery.
I could spend hours investigating the rocks.


It is still nippy out,
but Spring is on her way.



Robins found lots of places to perch up.


I counted four chapels.


I sat outside in my backyard for a little while.
It is to rain this coming week.
I may not be able to sit with the birds every day.


I found a book at the library
about tatting.


I brought out my Great-grandmother's
shuttle and some of her tatting.
I want to do something special with her work.



We are making our plans for the week.
Some friends are coming for dinner on Saturday.
 I am dressing the dining room table.


I chose a green shawl to be the under layer.


I was so pleased to see the Pisces fishes.
Once my Grandmother's crochet tablecloth is on
 the fishes will not show but I will know they are there.
I shall use green and yellow
 depression glass for our place settings.
I shall design a centerpiece.
Doing up the table is very fun.


We celebrate Mardi Gras this coming week.

There are just enough activities to keep us busy
as we wait for Spring.

Happy Sunday Safari.

7 comments:

Tumblewords: said...

It's always fun to visit here - you have so many interests and such fantastic photos! Sounds like you are feeling better now and that is so wonderful...

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry,

The cemetry is very beautiful.
Full of wildlife I am sure. How wonderful to see the hawk.
I have a pendant with the celtic knot that shows on the back of the cross. I bought it many years ago when visiting scotland.
I cannot remember the meaning.....I must try to find the writings at some point.

I am fascinated with grandmothers work......is it also called crochet?? It looks very similar.......

We had heavy frost last night. The garden is white. I shall walk out shortly and check for damage.....

Have a lovely week......

Tammie Lee said...

so glad you took your cameras, wonderful to see your sights. That is one amazing cross!

Randy Emmitt said...

Sherry,

Enjoyed the crosses, you found so good ones. Have a great week.

ShySongbird said...

Another interesting and unusual safari Sherry accompanied by lovely photos. The cross is very impressive!

The chapel, after the Robin photo, is so pretty and the Robin is too of course, so very different from ours though. Yours is much larger with bolder colouring, although they share the same name I don't think they are related at all.

I hope you enjoy dinner with your friends on Saturday :)

Lisa at Greenbow said...

It sounds like you are having a good time Sherry. The table will be gorgeous with a green background. Love the RTHA shots. Have a great week.

Wendy said...

My goodness, I have gremlins in my computer. I'm sure I commented on this blog, quite a while ago. Anyway, it looks very interesting at your house.
Happy Spring!