Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Getting Ready For July

My Swap and Shop finds! The green and blue oil lamp is going to my desk. I have a dear friend who is not feeling well. I have deemed this lovely oil lamp my blessing light for her. I send thoughts of wellness. The jars with the corks were given to me. A man was packing things up and as I passed he asked me if I could use these. I offered him a couple of dollars . I will be filling the jars with dried lavender candy, dried roses and dried rosemary! I think they will look pretty in my cabinets and be usable. I will be looking for fun scoops.


The red geraniums in my window boxes had a nice flush of flowers. They will fade and rebloom all summer. They just say "summer" to me. I love finding the beauty in the common place. I have wintered over geraniums before. My husband enjoys them in the bedroom in January.

As I pack June up and decorate for July I am thinking, reflecting this morning.

June has gone well.

3 comments:

Q said...

The lavender candy is very yummy!

A dear friend told me that red geraniums would alert ladies of an approaching visitor if placed by the door.

That is so fun!

Q said...

I do think I am an "old wife" with many a tale!
They were right too. So many of the herbs were used as "medicines". Still are!
I am reading a book my daughter sent for Mother's Day called "The Naming of Names" by Anna Pavord. It is the history of how our plants were named. So interesting.
I too enjoy reading how plants were used in the past. I love the lore. So much is accurate on use.
Stories to teach.

Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»