Sunday, November 13, 2011

Sunday Safari

It was 67 degrees this afternoon.
The skies were clear and sunny.
Indian Summer continues.

My sniffles have become a cough so I am taking it easy.

Since it was so warm I sat outside for a little while.
Sunshine is good for me when I am under the weather.

I went inside for a glass of cider and found a
 Cabbage White butterfly had emerged from her chrysalis.
My indoor Butterfly Bush is blooming

but I released her outdoors.
It is to remain warm all week.

I took my cider to the deck and read.

I am smitten with the American Chestnut Tree.
I wonder if I could find a spot to grow one.
I would love to be part of her comeback.
I do love the good roasted chestnut!
I have begun collecting proverbs.
I have a notebook for my collection.
I am beginning a study.
Hopefully this will be a life long adventure.
I can always find room for one more proverb.
Trees are much bigger.

Happy Sunday Safari.


8 comments:

ME said...

Beautiful. Thank you. I hope you get well soon.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love your nature photos and I'm interested in the book of Proverbs you mentioned! I have started doing a post on Mondays...a photo with a quote. I would love for you to join us! Hugs! ♥

Barb said...

Feel better soon! Still enjoy seeing your butterflies and birds while the snow is falling here. You will have to pair your favorite proverbs with photos in the New Year.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

We must enjoy this beautiful weather while we can. It feels like winter will be one to remember if it is off the charts like this summer has been. Love the squirrel perched on the handle of the sythe.

Angie said...

My brother once 'started' and grew some Chestnut trees. I am crazy about eating them raw and they are very hard to find here in TN now. I have some in the refrigerator right now. Wonder if I could get one to sprout and grow. Oh, girl, the ideas you do plant in someone's mind. :D

GRACE PETERSON said...

Your weather sounds wonderful. Send some my way. :) I hope you're feeling better. The book looks interesting.

Tammie Lee said...

so glad that you are taking care of yourself. and you still have lovely autumn weather! my world looks like winter! two snow falls this weekend and it is quite beautiful, yet a bit of an adjustment. Love your wonderful photos and sights that you have shared. how fun to consider growing a chestnut tree!

wishing you health
sending you light ~

Judy said...

Yes, sunshine is good for you! I have been suffering a bad depression, so I have added the exercise, and that is helping.
As ever, I am torn between the first photo of the leaves, and the one of the cabbage white, as my favourite capture...