Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Peach Pockets

My Husband reminded me of the peaches he had brought home, twelve days ago, and put in the crisper. Flower bulbs normally are in the drawers in the refrigerator. I had forgotten about the peaches. He thought we could have peaches for dessert tonight.
I checked the peaches. They were starting to shrivel , not good for out of the hand eating. It is some what chilly tonight low in the 50's. I had an idea to turn the oven on, warm up the kitchen and bake us a treat.
I defrosted a package of frozen puffed pastry. I chopped two peaches and added 1/4 cup sugar and 1/4 cup sliced almonds. I put two tablespoons of the mixture in the center of a strip of puffed pastry.
I folded the pastry over the peaches and sealed the edges. I sprinkled some cinnamon over the tops and baked them for 20 minutes in a 400 degree oven.
They are tasty! My husband named them "Peach Pockets". We have leftovers for tomorrow's breakfast.
This would be tasty with apples or pears! Wouldn't have to wait until the fruit was very ripe.
I try to keep puffed pastry in the freezer for just this sort of fast dessert.

The rest of the peaches I will make into peach syrup tomorrow.

No comments: