Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Happy Birthday

What gift can I give to a man that can see the Penguin in a pile of snow and the chick that will emerge when the temperatures rise? This man shares his refrigerator with suet cakes, flower bulbs and meal worms without complaint. He brings buildings out of the ground and potatoes. He knows the names of the stars, the clouds, the singers, the poets and the birds.
He will move a 50 foot Pine tree so it will have better light, mow around a resting Monarch Butterfly, help a turtle cross the road, give his coat to someone who is cold, drive 4,117 miles to play cribbage with his daughter, all without a second thought. He rescues bunnies, birds, bugs, bushes, dogs, cats, snakes, and lots of people, with grace and ease.


I gave him my heart and my hand many years ago.


Every day I give him my love.
He is the gift.
Happy Birthday.

5 comments:

Chrissie said...

:-) Sounds to me like he has everything he needs! Happy Birthday.

Deb said...

What a lovely post! Happy Birthday.

Q said...

Hi Chris,
If I could give him a nice long relaxing break from work I would!
Instead we enjoyed a quiet supper with our son.
I had fun baking his favorite supper and birthday cake.
He is a fine man.
Makes wonderful dirt.
~Q~

Q said...

Dear Deb,
Thank you!
My husband supports all the ways I get involved with the plants and animals and bugs. He supports all the "new" hobbies I come up with too. What is amazing to me is he knows how to do so many things. When I took to the camera he knew how to teach me stop action, depth of field and time exposure. He knows what equipment I need to take the kind of photos I want. I am learning about filters now.
He is fun and romantic and cute!
I like him.
~Q~

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
Dear Quid will love this!
He was so touched that my friends wished him a "Happy Day".
Thank you for sending him your blessings.
He is a light in our world.
Beyond Sainthood when he married me!
An angel and a gentle-man with a caring and gentle spirit that is strong of body and talented in every way.
I do sing his praises.
He liked my Birthday Tribute too.
Thank you.
~Q~