Wednesday, October 11, 2006

The Patience of a Mantis

I took a break from steam cleaning the tub and tile. I was hot and tired. I stood at the back door and watched a large Hawk that was perched on the tomato stakes. He swooped down into the vegetable garden and found lunch. It was very exciting to watch. I thought about the mantis in the zinnias yesterday and went to check to see if she was still there. She was. As I watched her through the lens of the camera time seemed to stand still. It happens for me. I forget, when I am outside with the birds and bugs and plants, all about time.

Today is the center point of a natural phenomenon called "Lunar Standstill".
Very interesting how the ancients knew about this and built rock towers to observe and celebrate this event.
Time can stand still.

No comments: