Monday, November 06, 2006

Beyond The Cornucopia

November is about preparing for winter at our house. The squirrel represents this for me. Thus the squirrel is a November motif.

I was pleased when I found this wood carving.


My grandmother's lapel pin is too old to wear. It looks nice on the necklace stand on my dresser.
As I shop for November I think of all the different aspects of the month. I think beyond Thanksgiving.

I read about the squirrel this morning in "Animal Speak" by Ted Andrews.
The squirrel reminds us to prepare.

2 comments:

Saucy said...

This is truly one of my favorite times of the year. So much to be thankful for and so much to look forward to. Those squirrels are darn cute!

Q said...

Hi Saucy,
I have been ever so happy to be outside with the leaves and birds and a few November butterflies. I also enjoy November as long as we have plenty of Indian Summer days.
The squirrels have been very busy too! They scamper about while I am outside.
~Q~