Thursday, November 23, 2006

Wren House

After pie my husband and son made a Wren house out of one of the dried gourds.

They hung it in the back Ash tree. I hope Carolina Wren likes it. It has drilled holes in the top for ventilation and drilled holes in the bottom for drainage. I like the natural look.


Our son gave us Tagua Nut figures. His "thank you" gift.

These are hand carved "vegetable ivory" miniatures.

We miss our daughter and our son not-in-law. We will spend Christmas with them.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Thank you for posting the picture of the wren's house. I have never seen one before - so unique... what lucky little birds!

Q said...

Hi Deb,
You are very welcome!
I hope the little wrens move in and the house is right for them. If not the gourd bird house is charming in the Ash tree as decoration.
~Q~