Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Tea Cups and Tea Pots

When Granny broke up her housekeeping she gave me her teacup collection. Some of the cups and saucers were her Mother's.
Three of the racks hang in our stairwell.

At one time all the spaces were filled. Perhaps she gifted other Grandchildren with a kind remembrance. Every November, before Thanksgiving, I would go to Granny's and wash the cups and saucers. I watched her bake pies. Thanksgiving was always at her house. After Thanksgiving Day dishes were washed and dried I would get a cup and saucer down. I would have a cup of coffee and a slice of pie. I still do this. The teapots are my collection. My Mother started it for me. She gave me the little teapot from when I was a little girl. I have many little teapots. Different ones come out every month.

No comments: