Friday, June 08, 2007

Desire

I went to the thrift store today.



I wanted to see if I could find a beautiful bowl.
I wanted to make a Hummingbird bird bath.
I found a hand painted, pedestal, shallow bowl
and a brass stand.



I also found a lovely shallow dish and a copper rose.
These are for the butterflies.
I made a sugar water mix, 1/2 tsp of sugar to 1 cup of water.


The Red Admiral found the Hummingbird bath.
I hope the Hummers find it.

While mowing my husband found an Orange Sulphur butterfly.
We think it was hit by a car.
I put her up on a flower.
I have a glass box ready for the butterflies that we find this summer.

I found other pretty things for the gardens.
I am decorating the beds while I replant.
I have the desire again to make beautiful.

9 comments:

Mary C said...

Beautiful butterflies and beautiful bowls for them and the hummers. Looks like you were quite successful at the thrift store. You'll have to share with us if the hummers use the bowl. Thanks for sharing your new purchases.

Deb said...

Hi Q
Great finds at your thrift store!
So many 'pretty things' for your garden :-}

Mary said...

I will just smile ear-to-ear when you post a photo of a bathing hummingbird ;o)

Jayne said...

What wonderful finds Sherry! The butterfly is so very beautiful. You make the world more beautiful just by being here sharing your view and images friend. :c)

Jayne said...

What wonderful finds Sherry! The butterfly is so very beautiful. You make the world more beautiful just by being here sharing your view and images friend. :c)

Q said...

Hi Mary Carlson,
I did very well at the thrift store! Everything I bought goes outside, "for the gardens," shopping spree.
If I see the Hummers in the new birdbath I will report!
Hopefully I will have photos to go with.
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Deb,
I had a cartfull!
I am thinking of creating a "blue" garden. I am gathering my items and doing my reasearch on flowers and bushes and such. This might take me a few years to do.
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Mary,
We both know these little birds must bathe. Surely they will do so in view of my camera!
I read an interesting story of some "birdiers" watching a Hummingbird bathe in a stream in Cemtral America. This is what inspired me to find a pretty bowl.
If my Hummers become very comfortable with me I think they will bathe on the deck! I hope so!
Sherry

Q said...

Oh, Jayne,
Thank you!
I have not felt very beautiful or creative lately...
I do think I am "back"!
It should be very fun to re-do my life!
It is raining while I write today and I am so grateful for the coolness and the refreshment.
I call you, "friend" too.
Hugs,
Sherry