Friday, June 01, 2007

Hummer

The female Hummingbird
likes the feeder that is in the Kumquat tree.

I lowered the feeder so if she wanted to sit and feed she could.
She seemed to like it.
As the summer progresses she will be very used to me.

The Kumquat tree is in a pot about two feet from my deck chair.
I listened tonight as she chattered.
I do not know Hummingbird speak but I want to learn.

These photos are for Chris. She lives in England where the Ruby-throated Hummingbird does not come for the summer.

6 comments:

Chrissie said...

Oh, Sherry, my friend! Thank you! And how kind you are to lower the feeder so your hummingbird can reach more easily. I am sure she appreciates your gesture, as I do. :-) Enjoy your weekend!

Jayne said...

Love it! What a grand idea Sherry. Looking to more photos of your new girlfriend. :c)

Q said...

Dear Chris,
I thought super close ups would be fun for you!
You are welcome.
Happy gardening.
Looking forward to seeing how the allotment is doing.
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Jayne,
I love Hummingbirds so very much!
I take lots of pictures.
I have seen two males and two females! I hope both pairs find a spot for nesting.
Sherry

Mary said...

Sherry, more people should enjoy what you see. I need to link them to you! You are marvelous.

Q said...

Dear Mary,
Hopefully I will still be here at Corner! I do not know what will happen when I try my 1,000 post. My daughter said she would help figure out how to keep Corner. She is my IT from afar. She is good too.
I like to be able to build a relationship with the birds and bugs.
I think they come for food!
Sherry