Saturday, June 23, 2007

Rain

I awoke late,
very late, three hours late.
It had rained overnight.
The Carolina Wren sang and sat with me on the deck.
I had a cup of coffee.
I was having a hard time waking up.
The female Hummingbird also sat with me.

I refilled the grape jelly feeders, the Orioles were waiting.
I refilled the seed feeders, the Cardinals were waiting.
I refilled the peanuts, the Woodpeckers were waiting.
Mother Nature filled the bird baths.

I think I am still sleeping.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

smilnsigh said...

More beauty!

And thank you so much for visiting and commenting in my . I do love that record I'm making, for spots in my city. It's wonderful to have people find it.

Hugs,
Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Oops, I forgot to close that link. Oh well, someday I'll do it right, all the time. -gigggles-

But lets see if I can do it... right.. now....

My blog...

Mari-Nanci

smilnsigh said...

Hehhh... still not right. Oh well, time to move on. :-)

But I was trying to say... my 'Photos City Mine' blog. :-))))

Mari-Nanci

Mary said...

Sherry, you have the cutest birds visit you. It takes me a while to feed all of them. They sit nearby and watch me.

I've never seen a ruffled hummingbird!

Q said...

Dear Mari-Nanci,
Your city is so pretty.
No worries on links and all of those techno things.
I was rushing about this morning taking care of all the birds!
I was so late!
Sherry

Q said...

Hi MAry,
It takes me a while too every morning. I usually feed the birds at 7am. It was 10am before I even awoke today. It was nice of Carolina Wren and Miss Hummer to sit with me after I filled all the feeders.
I think they are sooo cute!
Sherry