Tuesday, June 12, 2007

View from my bedroom window

Mari-Nanci from Smilnsigh
suggested we post a view from our bedroom window.




Outside the south facing window is a small garden pond.
I always check it in the morning when I raise the blind.
The clumping bamboo has spread this year.
I call this area the "Moon" garden.


As I gaze out into the yard I can watch the zucchini grow.
The Hummers like to perch up in the Weigela.
There is a Dogwood tree in the backyard pond area and lots of flowers and herbs.
The rain barrel is under the downspout.

I have spent many hours gazing out of this bedroom window.
I have watched many birds bathe in the pond.
This morning I listened to the chatter of the Hummingbird.

7 comments:

Eduardo Santos said...

Congratulations for your blog. Its very nice. I like very much your photos of birds and also others.

Jayne said...

What a very beautiful view you have there Sherry. That hummer photo is simply lovely!

Sheila said...

Both this post and the last one convince me you live in the most heavenly spot..!

Q said...

Hello Eduardo Santos,
So kind of you to stop and leave a comments.
Thank you.
I enjoyed your photos on your journal too.
I wish I knew Portuguese so I could read and understand your words. I think your language is beautiful. I listen to some Portuguese music and love the sounds of the words even tho I do not know their meaning.
Sheila took a trip to Portugal and posted many photos so I have an idea of how beautiful your country is.
Blessing and greetings to friends across the waters!
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Jayne,
I have taken many bird photos from this window. In the winter the Dogwood is a favorite perching spot and the pond is a good water spot!
The Weigela bush is right at the "corner" of the back pond and the front of the deck. It is a transition bush. The Hummers have two feeders on a feeding station just above the bush. It makes it easy for them to get food and easy for me to take photos.
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Sheila,
In many ways my corner of the world is a heavenly spot! The street in front of my house is a "through" street that winds around in a city park and on across into business and residential areas. It actully crosses the state line and continues for many miles. It is a two lane street that carries a bit of traffic! I could do an entire blog about all the strange people events that happen. Mostly it is folks that need help of some sort.
I do the best I can to help them.
Sherry

smilnsigh said...

Ohh what a lovely view you have, from your bedroom window!!!! I'm so happy that I prompted you to share it with us!!!

Now wouldn't it be fun, to do this again, come Autumn? And then again, in the deep part of Winter? I love the idea of taking photos of the 'same spot,' as the seasons change.

Mari-Nanci