Saturday, June 16, 2007

Hot and Humid

It is too hot,
90 degrees Fahrenheit (33 degrees Celsius)
for me to work in the sun.

The Eastern Tailed-blue doesn't mind the heat.
The birds planted some blue flowers for me.

The Question Mark fluttered about me as I watered and filled the bird baths.
I had an idea. I could clean the back patio. It is shaded by the Green Ash tree.
I could sell the table and chairs that sit there and bring out an old rocking chair.
I do very little entertaining anymore.
I want to rock in the shade with a glass of lemonade.

All I have left to do is fix the lemonade.

10 comments:

Mary said...

Make that two rocking chairs and I'll come sit with you!

Sheila said...

It wasn't that hot here today, but it was soooo humid.
I will join you on the deck, I can bring my own rocking chair...I even have a fresh pitcher of iced green tea..
hugs
xx

Jayne said...

Pour me a glass Sherry. I'd love to sit on your deck with you and see your beautiful views. :c)

Deb said...

Sitting with lemonade rocking in the shade and watching the birds and butterflies sounds like the perfect idea :-}

smilnsigh said...

Rock in the shade with a glass of lemonade. Sounds good to me. Especially in such hot weather. :-)

Mari-Nanci

Q said...

Hi Mary,
Two it is!
I actually am selling my old 1940's patio sets and looking for rockers and swings and gliders and benches. I think my garden party days are over. I want to rock and sip and watch the birds and butterflies. Doing so with you would be grand!
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Sheila,
I do not like to be sticky! It has been too humid for me to enjoy being outside.
I could have a bring your own rocking chair party (BYRC)!
Green iced tea is one of my favs too. I will add lavender or mint from the garden or even float a rose in my glass.
We could tell stories while we rocked and sipped!
Hugs,
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Jayne,
Glass is full and we are looking at the Hummers! They are so cute!
I could sit wioth you too and watch all of your birds. I am still woed by the Tanengers.
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Deb,
You could bring Ben and Kate!
We could laugh and have cookies.
Yumm for Kate's cookies..
Yumm for Kate's cheesecake...
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Mari-Nanci,
I just have to be able to be outside. Getting the back patio cleaned was a project I just had not gotten to.
I find I am sitting in the rocker more and more....
Sherry