Friday, June 15, 2007

Wings

I like to take my beverage out to the deck
and watch the birds and butterflies.
It is always fun to see new species.

This evening the Tawny Emperor was basking and feeding.
I am waiting for the Buckeyes to come again.
The air quality is poor today, ozone alert orange.
The light is hazy. Not very good light for photos.
I like to watch the birds that are part of the Backyard bird family.
The Carolina Wrens are nesting again.
The Orioles come to the grape jelly off and on all day.



I am still waiting for the Hummers to find their pretty bird bath.
The male and female come every ten to fifteen minutes.
Only one pair now. I hope to see babies.

The Chick-a-dees like to drink from the ant guards I have on the Hummingbird feeders.
It is fun to watch all the wings.
I like wings.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm a friend of Tara, who says I should pass along my thoughts directly, so here goes: I wanted to share how much I enjoy looking at your pix when I have a spare moment - I bookmarked your page as I love nature photography, and as I said to Tara this is like zoological candid camera!

Mary said...

Sherry, this is my last view of the night. Thank you. I'm jealous of your views. Wow.

Chrissie said...

Beautiful pics as usual, Sherry :-)

Jayne said...

Your blog just oozes relaxation and bliss Sherry. You have such a talent for seeing the beauty around you.

Q said...

Hi Andrew,
Thank you for direct thoughts!
Tara said you had come by Corner and enjoyed the backyard birds, buds and blooms. It is candid!!
What ever comes into my view often becomes a photo. Living in the city is different from in the country or in a wild place. I try to bring some wild in.
Sherry

Q said...

Hi Mary,
Good night! Hope you had butterfly and Oriole dreams!
If I squint my eyes and think really hard I can see the ocean...
Sherry, who lives in the middle of the middle of the Midwest. Far far away from the sea.

Q said...

Dear Jayne,
even when I am sad I do live in the mindset of bliss. Heaven on earth is in my mind!
I also see the work I could be doing....
Maybe when it rains again I will work outside in the rain. That sounds blissful.
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Chris,
I do like to watch all the comings and goings. Sometimes I will daydream that I too have wings.
"Flights of Fantasy" could be a full journal! Photos maybe somewhat difficult. Maybe Mockingbird would wear a critter cam. I want a critter cam!
Sherry

Deb said...

Such beautiful "wings".
We are still eagerly anticipating the hummingbirds ... the feeder is out ...We are looking forward to them finding it :-}

Q said...

Dear Deb,
Once the Hummers find you they will enjoy your company and that of Ben.
They are the most joyfilled bird I know of.
Sherry

Tumblewords: said...

Hi Sherry - Lovely photos, as usual. Occasionally I yearn for wings! I haven't seen ant guards for hummer feeders - I use vaseline on the cord and that pretty much keeps the ants out of the sauce! The guard looks pretty neat. I might have to shop. OR not. Grin.

Q said...

Hi Tumblewords,
Great idea!
I liked the look of the ant guards when I saw them at Wild Birds Unlimited! The chick-a-dees like them too and they do work!
Sherry