Thursday, January 18, 2007

Thinking

I fixed a cup of lavender tea. I added a piece of lavender candy for some sweet and took my tea to my perch at the dining room table. I wanted to think about Mocking Bird. He is my friend. I have spent many hours listening to his sweet songs while I work in the gardens.
I watched him this morning chase Starlings all the way to across the street.
As I thought about my relationship with this remarkable bird I watched the clouds morph into birds as they traveled across the sky.
Time for me to read about Mocking Bird. Perhaps Mocking Bird is trying to tell me something.

2 comments:

Deb said...

Lavender tea sounds delicious! Your blog has introduced me to so many things - lavender tea, bird houses from gourds, wonderful birds I have never seen before ... and all so beautifully photographed and written about.
Thank you Q!

Q said...

Hi Deb,
Lavender tea is very yummy. I use lavender for so many things. I call it my herb! I think everyone has a special herb, sometimes they just do not know it.
I do all sorts of tea blends. I also add dried orange peel sometimes to my tea or licorice root!
I grow lavender,jasmine and roses to use for my needs; teas, syrups, candies, cosmetics, ironing sprays that sort of thing. I did have a tea plant but the bunnies ate it last summer! I will try again this year to get a tea plant thriving.
I keep a tea journal for when I make up a new blend. Last summer I began growing burgamont for my husband's tea. He likes a black tea and burgamont blend.
Thank you for enjoying the photos. I have so much fun taking them and it is a joy to share. I do a slide show every day for my husband. I give the "bird report" as he sips his after dinner tea and watches the day at home in pictures.
I have become comfortable with the camera and I keep learning.
Thank you Deb, for being so kind.
Bird songs,
~Q~