Thursday, April 24, 2008

Raindrops on Tulips

Thunderstorms swept through the area

leaving 1.5 inches of rain.

The bird baths are full

and the gardens are watered.
I checked on the tulips.

These are special tulips. They were saved from the trash by a girlfriend. She did not get them planted in her yard so they laid in her garage for a few months.
She brought them to me. She thought I would be able to magically make them grow!
Mother Nature did save two out of 100. I nurture these two pretty little tulips. Not fancy but special. My gardens are full of stories. Mother Nature grows the flowers and I care for the stories.
These are my Ali tulips.
Today is her birthday.

4 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

1.5 inches of rain is quite a sweep. I do hope we get rain this evening. It is supposed to rain and I got some things planted today, with Gary's help of course. I want it all rained in good. Can't believe I am saying this after all the rain we have had this spring. Ha... never happy with the weather I guess. It is too hot too. tee hee...

Mel said...

You've got two miracles there, can't think of better hands to take care of them.

Q said...

Dear Lisa,
We have been getting good spring rains, not too much at any one time.
I also have planted a few early spring things. It is nice when Mother waters everything in.
We have had a perfect cool spring. Not too cool...
My peonies are growing nicely. I would love to have some in bloom for Memorial Day. So often they are over before Mother's Day!
I am loving the cool, wet spring this year.
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Mel,
Sometimes in friendships, we take care, until our friend can join in. My friend is very busy right now. I am so happy to have the little tulips. They remind me of the time my friend and I were close. I keep the door open.
Hugs,
Sherry