Monday, March 16, 2009

Green Monday

All that I enjoy dovetails together.
The gardens and photography go together nicely.


My commitment to sustainable living is complimented by my love of antiques.
My homemaking is a celebration.

This morning I followed a page from the Green Housekeeping book.
I made dust cloths.




So easy to do! Lots of fun!

Combine two parts water, two parts white vinegar, two drops olive oil or lemon oil.



I gathered my things.
I have been saving my glass food jars.



I went through the cotton napkins.
Some were ready to become rags.


I soaked the rags in the solution for just a few minutes.

I rung them out until just damp and added a few lemon rinds to each.
I folded them up and placed them in my jar to age!


When I return from visiting my daughter they will be ready.
The solution was excellent for scrubbing my wood kitchen floor.


There is a new magazine in my city.

I was so pleased to find it at my market.

Finding green companies that are local is wonderful.

I am a planner.
Earth day is coming up.


I also found this book at the market.

I am learning.
I want to grow some more herbs for my medicine cabinet.



My husband found this book at the second hand book store.
We are planning the studio.


A catalog came in the mail. I could use a dryer.

I shall gather my things and make one.

I think I will make my bags too...I have an old cotton skirt that would work.

I reuse, recycle and restore. It all works together.

Happy Green Monday!

7 comments:

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What great ideas you are sharing today! I use ONLY green cleaners now and they work just as well and make you nose and head feel GOOD when you clean! I use wonderful products to wash my clothes and dishes. Love the books and ideas! I am always learning!

Please visit my blog soon!

http://lavenderdreamstoo.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Stacey's Mom has that exact dryer. Those are some cool books. You got Stacey's attention looking over my shoulder at your good ideas and books. I like the lemon scented rags. Your dove is beautiful with such nice detail.

Cheryl said...

Dear Sherry.......I have many old napkins....I now know what I shall use them for. This is a wonderful idea.....I shall buy lemons tomorrow....

I consider myself green and like you look for new ideas all the time......

I love your books........I also read magazines......can we have too much knowledge, I don't think so.....

The dryer is pretty.....what a wonderful idea.....Studio is so exciting.....I cannot wait to see you start the project, it will be such fun to follow......

Not long now.....and you will see your daughter......

kkryno said...

I love these ideas! I always learn something when I visit you, Sherry.

Not only are you a wonderful heart, you are a wealth of great information!

Love, Vikki

Lisa at Greenbow said...

You are an inspiration Sherry. Love these ideas. I always use old cotton shirts for dust rags. I don't do anything to them though.

It won't be long and you will be headed to your daughters house. I bet you can hardly wait.!!

Wendy said...

What an intriguing way to make dust cloths! I am dying to try that. I usually vacuum the dust with the dust brush attachment, but there are times when you only want to dust and not drag out the vacuum cleaner.

I am excited about your studio. You must be having fun planning it. And with hubby's input too.
Have a good trip. I know you and your daughter will have a good visit.
Hugs

Sheila said...

We always try to 'repurpose' and recycle when and where we can. It gives us a feeling of satisfaction, and money saved. the cloths are a good idea.
hugs
xx