Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Lunch Time

Lunch with the butterflies
is a treat.
The female Tiger Swallowtail in her yellow dress.
The iridescent blue on her upper wings is her identifying mark.


The female Monarchs are out laying eggs.
I have left lots of milkweed so the caterpillars will have food.


The Hackberry Emperors are out in great numbers.
I counted 2o in my gardens, they like rotting fruit and the butterfly bush.

The Black Swallowtail stopped only for a minute.
I would like to have lunch with the butterflies every day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just lovely. You have such interesting friends join you for meals.

Marimoy said...

If you ever move to the Caribbean, you can work with me and have lunch with them everyday! (then you can show me ALL of your amazing pictures!)

Q said...

Dear Wren,
Once my kids grew up I was left to the birds and the bugs!
Sherry

Q said...

Dear Mimi,
One of these days I will come and visit. We can play with all your butterflies!
Sherry