Saturday, December 09, 2006

Fun Finds

At the secondhand shops yesterday I found the small yellow bird feeder. Only the little birds can get in for seed. Carolina Wren was quick to investigate. A pair of brass Christmas mice went on the ledge of the brick wainscoting of the front porch.
The new, to me, oil lamp was right in every way for the kitchen table.
Two rooting vases can stay up! I do like these and will look for different animals and birds to do my cuttings in. A new collection has begun.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Love your little yellow bird feeder! What a wonderful find and how great that the little wren went inside right away.

Q said...

Hello Deb,
I never know when I shop the Thrift Stores what I will find. I do like the prices.
The yellow bird feeder is a novelty. Since I have the practical large feeder the little feeder is decorative and fun for one bird at a time.
The feeding station is full now. If I come up with another must have feeder I will have to get another station. I do think one in the front yard would be nice. Something by the office window.
Thank you for comments. Gives me a chance to visit.
~Q~

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
I love the secondhand shops! I poke around and find all sorts of usable lovely things.
I like the novelty of many of the things I find.
I reuse and recycle as much as I can too.
Gives just the right touch of something "Old" to the house and gardens.
Hugs,
~Q~