Thursday, December 21, 2006

Grounded!

Hello, Folks! Housefrau here, guest posting for Q.

So where is Q, otherwise known as my mom? Well, she and her husband (a.k.a. my dad) were supposed to fly to Oregon to visit me today! But when they got to the airport, they discovered that the insanity in Denver had grounded flights from here to Timbucktoo (literally!), and they were stranded on the gound until Christmas Eve!

Oh no!!!




Ever the intrepid travelers, they decided that since they'd already driven the 60 miles northwest to the airport, they may as well continue in that direction for another 1800 miles until they got to my house.

I think they are somewhere in South Dakota at this very moment.

Horrors.

So until they arrive safe and sound to take up occupancy in my only-sort-of-furnished guest room, I'll be girling the blog! Considering the awful job I do of keeping my own blog updated, let's see how long I can keep this up. Anyone want to take bets that I can make it at least thirty minutes?

Your pal,
Housefrau

PS--I have now been fixing spelling errors for thirty-four minutes. Everyone who read that last sentence (you know who you are!) now owes me some cookies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Sprite! Hope your holiday season is coming along wonderfully.

Q and Qpid are quite the adventurers. Two closed interstates haven't stopped them on the drive so far!

I think Qpid will love his new moniker!

Yours,
Housefrau