Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Happy Birthday

I remember my Mother's birthday today. On top of my sewing machine I have a sewing tree. It is decorated with Mother's notions. The tree stand is her old skirt marker. It sits on top of her hat box. A tin of buttons came from her house.
I light her Christmas candles on her birthday. I send my "thank you" and my "miss you". Mother painted the chalk-ware when she was a young woman. It was always in her sewing room.
Old thimbles are light covers; one of her pin cushions still has a few pins.

1 comment:

Q said...

Dear Sprite,
My Mother was an artist.
Having her work about is a comfort.
Her Christmas candles were always set out but never burned. For her 80th birthday I brought her candles to her and we lit them. Now every year on her birthday I light her candles and send my blessings.
Thank you.
~Q~