Friday, July 07, 2006

Breakfast With The Birds

I took my coffee to the deck this morning.



The Downy Woodpeckers are not afraid of me.



The Chick-a-dees are a bit shy.


The Goldfinches never seem to mind me.
The Purple finches have had babies.

The hummers are very skittish. Tucked behind the pole one flew when I raised the camera.



The Rose of Sharon are in bloom. The flowers last one day. I have often snipped them to float in a bowl. Knowing they will last for just the day reminds me to enjoy each moment.Another type of Sunflower has opened. The entire stand is beginning to be very stunning. Some are fading and others opening. The multibranched stems are nice, as are the different heights and colors.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your website has a useful information for beginners like me.
»