Sunday, October 08, 2006

Black Cats and The Bassoon

The photo is old and scratched. Kitty lived with us for seventeen years. She has been gone for over ten years. I cherish this photo of her looking into a Jack O'Lantern. She was my dear friend. I miss her. Black Cats are all about. Three lanters hang in the kitchen. The Trick or Treat cookie cutters were from my childhood.
This month we are listening to the Bassoon. My husband brings up different types of music for us to listen to and learn about each month. The Sorcerer's Apprentice is a Bassoon piece. The Bassoon is the Grandfather in Peter and the Wolf. The bassoon is also featured in John Williams, "The Five Sacred Trees". This Mozart is our new cd.
The zinnias continue to attract Butterflies. I had not seen the male Tiger Swallowtail for a long time.
Tonight I shall light the black cat lantern.

No comments: