Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Bulbs

I have been waiting for the bulbs I ordered to arrive. They did yesterday. I ordered 60 hyacinth bulbs. These I will put in the refrigerator for forcing. Come January and February they will be blooming inside. I also ordered 50 white crocus. These go in the moon garden outside. As soon as the ground dries up a bit I will plant them. I made a commitment to the crocus two years ago. I enjoy the early bloom. I would like to have crocuses in every bed.
The rains stopped and I took a break from cleaning. This butterfly looked so much like a leaf I almost missed her. I had hoped she would open her wings so I might be able to identify her. When she flew I caught a flash of orange.
The yellow Primrose in the Redbud is in bloom.
A female Red-bellied Woodpecker entertained me with her call and her drumming.

No comments: